Born and raised in the Midwest. Michael Roche graduated from Elmira College in New York with a degree in Art Education, winner of the 1976 ECAC Medal Of Merit for Scholarship and Athletic Prowess and later studied at the Ontario College of Art. For over twenty-five years he has worked as a commercial sculptor creating fine art pieces for such notable clients as Warner Brothers, MGM, 7-up, Pillsbury and Enesco. For Michael, creating a successful series involves intense research. His unique sensitivity for detail, accuracy and motif has earned him world-wide recognition.
Sculptor, Michael Roche
- Commissioned by the American Hockey Coach's Association to design and produce"The Sid Watson Award" given out to the men's college division player of the year. Displayed at the College Hockey Hall of Fame.
- The designer of the "Old Tom Morris Award " given out by the GCSAA Board of Directors, as a life time achievement award in professional golf.
- Commissioned by the American Hockey Coach’s Association to design and produce "The Laura Hurd Award" given to the women’s college division player of the year. Displayed at the college Hockey Hall of Fame.
- The first winner of the prestigious "Art of Golf Award" presented by Golf Digest for sculpture in November of 2001.
- Commissioned by USA Hockey for gifts and awards with the first presentation given at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- A talent whose work can be found in the Hockey and Basketball Halls of Fame, as well as golf's distinguished St. Andrew's Links Clubhouse and The World Golf Hall Of Fame in St. Augustine Florida.
- A sculptor commissioned by the founding family of basketball to create the Naismith Award for sportsmanship. The first recipient of this award was the athlete of the century, Michael Jordan.
- The designer of the Al Mooring Leadership award for emergency extrication in the Fire Service.
- An artist whose work was nominated for the 1990 "Figurine of the Year" by Collector Edition Magazine.
- The designer of the Fire Chief of the Year Award given out by International Assoc. Of Fire Chiefs.
- The designer of the Heroism Award given out by Fire House Magazine.