Click image to enlarge

Request Information


Wild Bill Hickok

James Butler Hickok was born in Homer, Illinois (later renamed Troy Grove) on May 27, 1837.  In 1856 Hickok journeyed to Kansas to help the Free State movement.  In 1861 Hickok was involved in the McCanles Massacre a shoot out at the Rock Creek, Nebraska Pony Express Station.  After being acquitted of murder charges, in the McCanles Massacre, Hickok headed for Missouri and joined the Union Forces in the Civil War.  His speed and accuracy with pistols during the war lent a great deal to his future reputation as the fastest gun alive.

After the war, Hickok became a resident of Springfield, Missouri.  In July of 1865, Hickok was involved in a shoot out with Davis Tutt over gambling debts, one of the 1st famous Western walk downs.  Hickok met Tutt in the street for the shoot out, they both drew at the same time, Hickok put a bullet through Tutt’s heart and then turned and held Tutt’s henchman at bay before they could draw.

From 1865 to 1867 Wild Bill served as a Scout and guide for people ranging  from dudes to General George Armstrong Custer.  In 1869 Hickok became Sheriff of Hays City, Kansas.  After shooting two people in the name of the law, local voters decided he was trigger happy and let him go.  In 1871 Wild Bill signed on as Marshal of Abilene, Kansas for $150.00 a month and he lasted eight months before the Town Council decided they had had enough.  After Hickok gunned down Phil Coe in a disorderly conduct dispute & accidentally killing his own deputy Mike Williams (whoops) in the process, Wild Bill’s employment came to an end.  Wild Bill died in Deadwood, an illegal town, founded in Indian country in Dakota territory.  In 1876 on August 2, Wild Bill was killed by Jack McCall while playing poker in Carl Mann’s Saloon.  Hickok had in his hand, aces and eights, thereafter known as “The Dead Man’s Hand”.

Size: 6”h x 7½”h x 4¼”d

View the individual sculptures of Wild Bill, Jesse James, Wyatt Earp, and Doc.

Pricing Information